Our 3-Phase Process
The GPS Planning system weaves together the planning, team building and execution aspects of your futures. You will gain an understanding of your present circumstances, develop a game plan with realistic and attainable goals, build the team with insight and execute your plan with intentionality.
“Hope is not a strategy.”
Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
(U.S. Army, Retired)
We will help you create a Game Plan with all the necessary components to move forward with intentionality. It will be tailored to fit your specific situation, location and personality.
You will start with Discovery. This will help determine where you are today by providing a snapshot of your present reality. You will have several options to chose from depending on who your goal is. Several different tools are available, including several assessments.
You will give overall direction to your church and each ministry team will understand their place in the plan.
With a strategic plan you will experience:
- The ability to be proactive, not reactive.
- Greater success as all ministries work together toward a common vision.
- A surge of energy as people unite around a meaningful purpose.
- Greater volunteerism as people gain a new vision for your church.
- Clarity of communication, greater engagement and creativity.
- Alignment of purpose as teams rally around the vision.
You will have a clear understanding of:
- Your purpose
- Your vision
- Your core values
- Your ideal audience
- Your ideal activities
- Conditions for success and barriers
- Strategies that will lead growth
“Consistency with the right strategic plan is the ultimate key to success.”
Every plan needs a team to carry execute it to completion. Not just any team will work. You need the right team! To have the right team, you will need the right people doing the right jobs.
You will start with Discovery. This will help you understand the strengths and personalities of your team members and where they fit on the team. There are several different assessment available to help you know who should be on the team and how they should function to give the team its greatest opportunity to be successful.
You will address several key areas necessary to make a team successful.
In building your People Plan, you will:
- Evaluate potential team members
- Seek to match strengths with tasks
- Work to build the 3 top components of a successful team
- Healthy conflict
- Commitment to the team
With your team in place and each member understands what is expected, you will be ready to move forward and begin to create a winning strategy.
“Individual commitment to a group effort; that is what makes a team work.”
Every team needs a roadmap and landmarks to reach its destination. A good strategic plan will give you a roadmap, a great strategic plan will give you the roadmap and the landmarks to help you navigate the route.
The Scoreboard Plan will provide you with everything necessary for achieving your goals. Only 13% of strategic plans are carried out to completion. The biggest reason for failure is lack of accountability and follow through. Your GPS will address this vulnerability right from the start allowing you to realize your desired outcomes.
The Scoreboard Plan will cover three key activities necessary for achieving your goals and vision.
In executing your Scoreboard Plan, you will
- Score the plan by keeping track of commitments and activities necessary to move forward
- You will measure, what we call lead actions, which when carried out consistently will produce the desired results.
- This measuring will occur on regular intervals, giving needed accountability.
- Supervise the plan with a monitoring plan designed for your specific situation.
- It will include weekly, monthly and quarterly monitoring activities.
- Monitoring will keep your focus on the goal and how well you are reaching it.
- Sharpen the plan will be an annual activity which allows you to assess, adjust and update your plan.
- You will celebrate achievements and create new goals.
- This cycle of Activate, Assess and Adjust will be repeated until your vision is fully reached or adjusted for changing circumstances.
“Somewhere there’s a score being kept, so you have an obligation to live life as well as you can, be as engaged as you can.” Bill Murray
You can move forward today
Strategic planning is a challenge. There are many reasons it fails, but there are many more reasons to make sure it succeeds. Your community needs your church and its influence in a world gone mad. Finding a way to fulfill a meaningful vision is not easy and often elusive but it is attainable.
You are busy and already dealing with overwhelm and too much to do. Don’t go it alone. Please. Bill would love to hear about your vision, dreams and goals. He has the expertise to come along side and help you find the satisfaction which comes from a dream fulfilled. There is no obligation, just an honest conversation.